Carthage is a residential neighborhood located in the Mill Creek valley in Cincinnati, Ohio. It shares a border with Elmwood Place, Ohio, which, with adjacent St. Bernard, Ohio, forms a city island in the middle of Cincinnati. The population was 2,733 at the 2010 census.
This area was first settled in 1791 or 1792, when Capt. Jacob White, from Redstone (Brownsville), Pennsylvania settled and founded White's Station[self-published source?] in the extreme southeastern section of Springfield Township. White's Station, a small log blockhouse, was attacked by a party of Indians on the 19th of October, 1793.